Thursday 14 September 2023

Record from my flat - Great Spotted Woodpecker

I often hear Great Spotted Woodpeckers calling from the wooded area adjacent to or close to my flat but I rarely see the birds.

This evening when I was in my kitchen, I heard a calling Great Spotted Woodpecker and quickly spotted it on top of the TV aerial on one of the houses. Clearly, it hadn't got the memo about calling from trees! However, after several minutes repeatedly calling from this location, it did eventually fly off to a nearby tree.

I didn't expect this bird to remain on the TV aerial for so long but it duly did so, thus enabling me to get some distant cropped record photos.


















#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.