Saturday 10 February 2024

A short local walk

I had been confined to my flat for a week following a surgical procedure and this morning was my first opportunity at last to get out and enjoy some welcome fresh air.

I only walked a short distance through a small part of my St. Nicholas Church local patch site but I still managed to hear a Green Woodpecker and hear and see a Great Spotted Woodpecker.

There were also some very early signs of spring with some emerging blackthorn blossom at various locations plus woodland crocuses and daffodils in the eastern section of the cemetery.

In recent months, Basildon Council have been erecting information boards around my St. Nicholas Church local patch site, or at least on the land owned and managed by them, and this now includes a brand new sign close to where I live.















#DefendNature
#RestoreNatureNow
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.