Sunday 11 February 2024

Record from my flat - Sparrowhawk

After the very exciting sight of my first Red Kite from my flat recently (see here), I had a much more expected sighting of a Sparrowhawk today.

Sparrowhawk is a species that I have often seen from my flat, usually during fine sunny spring mornings in March and April when birds are conspicuously soaring over the wooded areas at the start of the breeding season.

Today at 12:15 p.m., I had the latest sighting of a Sparrowhawk, not a soaring bird but one lazily flying through with its distinctive flap-flap-glide style over the houses opposite and in a northerly direction.

My last sighting of a Sparrowhawk from my flat was of a male actually perched on top of one of the houses on 17th November 2023.

#DefendNature
#RestoreNatureNow
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.