Tuesday 3 May 2022

Record from my flat - Mallards and Great Spotted Woodpecker

I saw 2 very vocal Mallards rapidly flying past in a north westerly direction at 1:30 p.m., possibly a male and female but difficult to confirm in the poor light.

At 5:35 p.m., I saw another Mallard flying past in a south easterly direction.

It is likely that all these birds were flying from or to the lakes at nearby Gloucester Park.

At around 3 p.m. I was having a meeting with another resident in our rear communal garden and heard a Great Spotted Woodpecker loudly calling from the trees just beyond our site. However, it remained hidden in the trees which are now in full leaf. In recent days, I have heard calling Great Spotted Woodpeckers on several occasions from my flat.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.