Tuesday 6 October 2020

Today is National Badger Day

Today is National Badger Day.















Photo: Badger at the British Wildlife Centre


As I will be in London for most of the day, I will not be able to celebrate National Badger Day with my local Badgers but hopefully I can get out to see them tomorrow evening.

 

Last week on 1st October 2020, I thoroughly enjoyed the informative Wild LIVE online discussion regarding the appalling Badger cull hosted by Craig Bennett, the CEO of the Wildlife Trusts, and attended by a panel of expert speakers.




I have previously commented on the extension to the Badger cull here.

 

Last week, I also joined the Badger Trust





















The Badger Trust exists to promote and enhance the welfare, conservation and protection of Badgers, their setts and their habitats. It is the leading voice for Badgers and represents and supports around 60 local voluntary groups and thousands of supporters and followers. It provides expert advice on all Badger issues and works closely with the Government, the Police and other conservation organisations. It uses all lawful means to campaign for the improved protection of Badgers and it is a member of Partnership for Action Against Wildlife Crime and Wildlife and Countryside Link.


In addition, I have signed the petition organised by Mark Avery, Chris Packham and Ruth Tingay, the co-founders of the brilliant campaigning group Wild Justice, to ban the shooting of Badgers.


































💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.