Monday 19 October 2020

Ring-necked Parakeet seen from the non-lockdown window

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window.

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.

At around 12:30 p.m. this afternoon, I had an extremely brief sighting of what I am almost certain was a Ring-necked Parakeet flying towards and over my flat. Unfortunately, it was a silhouette sighting so the bright green plumage was not visible but the distinctive flight profile caught my eye.

I have previously recorded the exotic-looking Ring-necked Parakeet in the immediate vicinity of St. Nicholas Church on 25th June 2020 when I saw 2 birds flying over calling.

There are several sites in south and west London where I see this species, most notably Richmond Park and WWT London Wetland Centre but I have rarely seen Ring-necked Parakeet in Essex. The sighting on 25th June 2020 around St. Nicholas Church was my first record for the site and brought my site total for bird species to 48.














Photo: Ring-necked Parakeet at WWT London Wetland Centre, Barnes, London















Photo: Ring-necked Parakeet at WWT London Wetland Centre, Barnes, London

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.