Friday 4 February 2022

Today is World Cancer Day

Today is World Cancer Day.

World Cancer Day is marked on 4th February each year and it is an opportunity to rally the international community to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its preventiondetection and treatment.

World Cancer Day is led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration adopted in 2008.

Cancer Research UK is one of over 1000 UICC members from across 172 countries and this year also marks 20 years since it was founded.

Cancer is a global challenge. In 2018, 18 million people world-wide were diagnosed with cancer. Today, thanks to research, 2 in 4 people in the UK survive their cancer for 10 years or more. The prospects of major advances in tackling cancer have never been greater and international collaboration and funding are essential in realising these opportunities. 

There can hardly be anyone who has not been affected by cancer either directly themselves or by knowing a family member, friend or colleague who has been diagnosed with this terrible disease.

On World Cancer Day, I especially remember my Mum and Dad.

Since their deaths, I have made a regular monthly donation to Cancer Research UK and I have also left a residuary bequest in my Will.

I want money from my lifetime to do something everlasting for others.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.