Saturday 5 August 2023

Record from my flat - Robin

I woke up at around 5 a.m. this morning and heard a Robin singing. Not the robust and sustained singing of spring but a wistful and spasmodic song nonetheless.

This is not especially remarkable in itself but Robins are usually the first species to resume singing after the rigours of the breeding season and the post-breeding moult.

Passage waders are already returning to UK coastal and other wetland sites and this, together with singing Robins, means that in the world of birds, autumn has commenced.

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.