Tuesday 18 June 2024

Trip away from SS15 – Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and East Yorkshire – June 2024

I booked a rental car from 15th to 18th June 2024 for a trip away from home to include visits to a number of sites in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and East Yorkshire.

My aim was to primarily add species to my 2024 UK year list. In addition, I wanted to again visit RSPB Bempton Cliffs for the first time since July 2022. This is an amazing mainland location for seabirds providing exceptional photo opportunities.

 

My trip provided excellent birding opportunities including 8 additions to my 2024 UK year list taking it to 181 species.

 

The 8 additions to my 2023 UK year list were as follows: Turtle Dove, Nightjar, Little Tern, Stone Curlew, Tree Sparrow, Puffin, Kittiwake, Shag

 

During my trip, I visited the following sites: 

 

EWT Wrabness, Essex

 

RSPB Minsmere, Suffolk

 

Westleton Heath, Suffolk

 

NNR Winterton Dunes, Norfolk

 

NWT Weeting Heath, Norfolk

 

RSPB Bempton Cliffs, East Yorkshire

 

Follow these links to the individual day accounts ....


Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.