Friday 9 August 2024

Record from my flat - "pale green moth"

I am reasonably good with my butterfly ID but moth ID is another matter entirely.

I have identified a few moths which have found their way in to my flat overnight and which were quietly resting in the morning, enabling me to take a photo, use the Seek app on my phone and search via Google.

Last night before I went to bed, there was a pale green moth flying around my bathroom which refused to settle for anything more than a few seconds. Therefore, I only had brief views and no opportunities for a photo.

I thought that a search for "pale green moth" would clinch an ID.

It didn't!

It could have been any one of these! ....

Essex Emerald

Grass Emerald

Little Emerald

Small Emerald

Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.