Monday 12 August 2024

Records from my flat - moths

After recent attempted moth identification and recording from my "keep a kitchen window open and a light on" budget moth trap on 27th July 202429th July 2024 and 9th August 2024, it was my "keep a bathroom window open and light on" moth trap that was successful last night.

In fact, it was very successful with at least 5 species seen and photographed (rather poorly in some cases).

I am reasonably good with my butterfly identification but moth identification is another matter entirely.

Again, I have used the Seek app on my phone and searches via Google to tentatively confirm the following species:

Light Emerald

Willow Beauty

Riband Wave

Small Blood-vein

Common Rustic
















Photo: Light Emerald
















Photo: Light Emerald
















Photo: Willow Beauty
















Photo: Willow Beauty















Photo: Willow Beauty
















Photo: Willow Beauty
















Photo: Riband Wave
















Photo: Riband Wave
















Photo: Small Blood-vein
















Photo: Common Rustic

Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.