Saturday 10 August 2024

Record from my flat - Tawny Owls and Red Foxes

Following my (heard only) records of male and female Tawny Owls on 29th July 2024 and 30th July 2024, I have continued to hear these birds, although not in recent days.

31st July 2024 .... male "hooting" briefly at 11:40 p.m.

1st August 2024 .... female calling briefly at 9:20 p.m.

5th August 2024 .... male "hooting" briefly at 11:55 p.m. followed immediately by a female calling

On 2nd August 2024, Red Foxes (at least 2 animals) were extremely noisy for a few minutes from 8:45 p.m. in close proximity to my flat with both barking and "geckering".

This morning, I was woken up at 6:15 a.m. to some very loud and excitable vocalisation from Red Foxes which continued for around 5 minutes. Eventually, a Red Fox appeared and sat at the front of one of the houses opposite whilst another briefly appeared. Judging by their appearance and size, I think both animals were cubs from this spring.

Using the "mouse-like squeak on the back of the hand" technique, the first Red Fox walked out in to the road and stared up at my flat. I have generally found Red Fox cubs and young adults to be far more curious than the exceptionally cautious, if not alarmed, adults.

















Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.