Sunday 25 August 2024

Records from my flat - Tawny Owl and Red Foxes

The night time wildlife experience from my flat continues to be rewarding.

On 25th August 2024, I again heard a male Tawny Owl "hooting" just twice at 3:20 a.m.

I have now recorded Tawny Owls on 7 dates since their return to the immediate vicinity of my flat after many years ....

28th/29th July 2024 .... male "hooting" briefly at 9:45 p.m. followed by a few minutes of a female calling; male "hooting briefly again at 2 a.m. followed by a female calling for at least 10 minutes; female calling regularly for around 5 minutes from 3:05 a.m. (first record of Tawny Owl for many years)

30th July 2024 .... male "hooting" regularly for around 10 minutes from 3:45 a.m.

31st July 2024 .... male "hooting" briefly at 11:40 p.m.

1st August 2024 .... female calling briefly at 9:20 p.m.

5th August 2024 .... male "hooting" briefly at 11:55 p.m. followed immediately by a female calling

18th August 2024 .... male "hooting" several times in a 10 minute period from 10:25 p.m.

25th August 2024 .... male "hooting" twice at 3:20 a.m.

At 5:05 a.m., I was again woken up by the excitable barking, screaming and "geckering" of 3 Red Foxes which I easily managed to see since they were in the street right outside my block of flats.

Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.