Friday, 2 October 2026

Record from my flat - Red Kite

For only the second time, I saw a Red Kite from my flat this afernoon, a single bird flying over at 1:30 p.m. heading west in the direction of my St. Nicholas Church local patch site.

My first record from my flat was on 2nd February 2024 whilst I have also seen single birds over my St. Nicholas Church local patch site on 26th August 2025 and 2nd April 2026.

When I first started birding as a young person, the Red Kite was an extremely rare species confined to just a few remote areas in mid-Wales. Due to re-introduction schemes and natural range expansion with the increasing population, it is now very easy to see Red Kites in various parts of the country and it has been on my Essex list for some years (usually spotted from the M25 or M11!).

Here are some photos of Red Kites that I have taken in mid-Wales in recent years ....













































Love nature .... act now

Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚

Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.