Wednesday 24 June 2020

From my lockdown window – 24th June 2020 .... the final daily report

This was my first day recording from lockdown window having been away from home for most of each day since Saturday.

Before returning my rental car, I heard a Great Spotted Woodpecker briefly calling at 6:45 a.m. and a singing male Blackcap at 7:05 a.m. and 7:20 a.m.

The rest of the day was definitely el scorchio 🌞🌞🌞 with outside temperatures up to 29°C. In order to keep relatively cool in my flat, I closed all the windows and drew the curtains. This creates a rather obvious problem: it is difficult to hear or see any wildlife 😀.

As a consequence, the species list today was very short.

The very hot weather, the advance of the quieter summer months in terms of bird activity and bird song and the easing of lockdown restrictions by the Government has also prompted me to make a decision to cease recording on a daily basis although I will continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Blue Tit 
Goldfinch
Starling
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.