Tuesday 30 January 2024

St. Nicholas Church local patch site - "drumming" Great Spotted Woodpecker

I did not have a planned visit to my St. Nicholas Church local patch site today but I did walk up Church Hill as part of an exercise walk.

As I did so, I heard but failed to see my first "drumming" Great Spotted Woodpecker of the year in the wooded area adjacent to the Laindon Park School playing field.


This is a sound that I can expect to hear regularly over the coming weeks as male Great Spotted Woodpeckers try and secure their territories and attract females for the breeding season.





























Photo: Great Spotted Woodpecker at EWT Warley Place, Brentwood, Essex

#DefendNature
#RestoreNatureNow
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.