Friday 26 April 2024

Trip away from SS15 – Swan Wood, Stock, Essex

I am a long-standing supporter and member of the Woodland Trust.

The nearest site owned or managed by the Woodland Trust is Swan and Cygnet Woods in Stock in Essex which I visited for the second time this morning following my first visit in May 2023.

When I visited Swan and Cygnet Woods last year, the bluebells were past their “best before” date so I had planned an April visit this year. I was not disappointed and there was a beautiful show of bluebells throughout much of the wood.

The bluebells were the main focus of my visit but I also saw a fly-over calling Common Buzzard, a single calling and foraging Nuthatch and a few of the commoner resident woodland birds.

I heard at least another calling Nuthatch, at least 2 “drumming” Great Spotted Woodpeckers, several singing male Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs and a calling Stock Dove.

Here are some photos from my visit …. 






























































































Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.