Thursday 18 May 2023

Trip away from SS15 - Swan Wood, Stock, Essex

I am a long-standing supporter and member of the Woodland Trust.

The nearest site owned or managed by the Woodland Trust is Swan and Cygnet Woods in Stock in Essex which I visited for the first time today.

I had a very enjoyable walk. Unfortunately, the bluebells were past their “best before” date and my visit was in the early afternoon so not the best time for bird sightings. However, there was plenty of bird song including Blackcap, Chiffchaff and the commoner resident woodland birds. Also, I don’t think I have seen so many Grey Squirrels at one location! .... there must have been at least 20 animals!

Next spring, I will visit early morning during the last week in April and the first week in May when it should be even better.

Here are some photos from my visit yesterday …. 














































#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.