Saturday 27 July 2024

Records from my flat moths and other insects

Over the last couple of nights, I have had some visitors to my moth trap .... not actually a moth trap but the result of keeping my kitchen window open and a light on!

With the help of the Seek app on my phone and a much more knowledgeable person than me from Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, I have a few tentative IDs. In order of the photos below, they are ....

Common Green Lacewing

Ermine Moth species .... there are apparently 4 very similar looking Ermine Moths and it requires evidence of breeding and observing the larval foodplant to confirm to species level! .... and there was me thinking that a white moth with black spots would be easy!

Rosy Tabby

Coronet















Photo: presumed Common Green Lacewing















Photo: presumed Ermine Moth species















Photo: presumed Rosy Tabby















Photo: presumed Coronet

Fortunately, a visitor to our rear garden fence proved to be less challenging to identify! ....















Photo: definitely a Grey Squirrel!

Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.