Saturday 19 December 2020

9 months on and here we go again

On 23rd March 2020, the UK Government eventually and belatedly imposed the first national lockdown in response to the emerging Covid-19 pandemic.

Just prior to that, I started writing this blog.

Today, the SS15 postcode area, along with much of the rest of Essex, East Anglia, south east England and London, has been placed in a new tier 4 due to the emergence of a new variant of the Covid-19 virus and soaring infection rates …. see here.

This is both scary and frustrating.

Yet again, the new tier 4 places severe restrictions on what we can do and where we can go. It seems like irrespective of the very welcome roll-out of a Covid-19 vaccination programme, the foreseeable future will see me continuing to rely on and enjoy the nature and wildlife at my 2 local patch sites.

 "The days are getting shorter and colder but I ask you to remember this: even as the winter comes in, there is hope and there is light." - Seamus Heaney














Photo: Loch Garten, Speyside, Highland, Scotland in March 2008

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.