Monday 7 June 2021

Record from my flat - Green Woodpecker and Magpies

This morning at around 4 a.m., I was woken up by an extremely loud alarm calling Green Woodpecker and some very noisy Magpies giving their scolding alarm call.

I looked out of my window and immediately saw the Green Woodpecker flying away from the tree in front of one of the ground floor flats and away out of sight. 

There were 2 Magpies on the roof of one of the houses opposite still alarm calling but it was not obvious what was causing the panic.

I expected to possibly see a Red Fox but instead one of the local cats (a very large ginger one!) strolled in to view, evidently totally oblivious to the impact he was having!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.