Thursday 3 June 2021

"Share our Shores"

Essex Wildlife Trust, of which I am a long-standing supporter and member, are again publicising their "Share our Shores" campaign for the summer when many people are out and about on the beaches of Essex and either inadvertently or deliberately causing disturbance to breeding birds.

Essex Wildlife Trust and the RSPB are working together to protect our coastal wildlife by creating the ideal habitat for beach-nesting birds such as Little Tern, Ringed Plover and Oystercatcher, monitoring their populations and working with the public to raise awareness of how we can all allow Essex’s coastal bird populations to thrive.

Essex Wildlife Trust - Share our Shores

I am pleased to say that my photo of a Little Tern, which I donated to Essex Wildlife Trust when they first launched the "Share our Shores" campaign, is still being used to illustrate this beautiful but sadly declining little seabird.














Essex Wildlife Trust article (richardchewphotography.com)

"Essex Wildlife" magazine (richardchewphotography.com)

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.