Sunday 27 June 2021

Record from my flat - Green Woodpecker

This morning at around 7:25 a.m., I was woken up by an extremely loud calling Green Woodpecker.

I looked out of my window and immediately saw a Green Woodpecker clinging to a tree in front of one of the ground floor flats. It then flew down to the ground and proceeded to feed for several minutes (presumably on ants) on the lawn and at the kerbstone edge to the garden and car park.

During the spring, I saw and heard Green Woodpeckers regularly around my St. Nicholas Church local patch site and I also heard them calling from my flat. I have seen Green Woodpeckers from my flat before but this was by far the best and longest sighting.

Here are some record photos of this morning's Green Woodpecker although unfortunately not the best quality due to them being taken through glass from my second floor flat window.


































💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.