Thursday 3 June 2021

Records from my flat - Blackcap and Green Woodpecker

I woke up early this morning at around 6 a.m. to hear a singing male Blackcap and a calling Green Woodpecker (although both followed an even earlier singing male Blackbird which sings continuously in the early hours and resumes again for the last 2 hours or so before it goes dark in the evening).

I hear both these species fairly regularly from my flat from around late March and through to the early summer. Very occasionally, I have been lucky to see them although I do see both on many of my visits to my local patch site around St. Nicholas Church. 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.