Monday 27 September 2021

Record from my flat - Box-tree Moth

It is still warm enough (just) to keep my windows open late in to the evening and my lights sometimes attract some of the insects, especially Craneflies (Daddy Longlegs).

However, occasionally moths are attracted and this evening this was the case.

I am reasonably confident with my specific butterfly identifications but moths are just "moths" to me!

A Google search for "white cream moth with brown black edges to wings" revealed this visitor to be a Box-tree Moth (see here), unfortunately an accidental introduction to the UK and now regarded as an invasive species from Asia. It is generally considered to be a pest species (see here).
















💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.