Thursday 16 September 2021

Record from my flat - Red Foxes, Reeves' Muntjac and Common Buzzard

Today has been eventful!

It started very early at 4:30 a.m. with the excitable "geckering" of Red Foxes which woke me up. I looked outside and immediately spotted 2 animals immediately opposite engaging in what appeared to be play fighting. From their size and appearance, I think both were well-grown cubs from this year (sub-adults). After about 2 minutes watching them, both ran off down my road and out of sight.

At 12:20 p.m., I heard the distant "barking" of a Reeves' Muntjac in the woodland towards St. Nicholas Church. Last Sunday, I heard the same and also saw 2 of these vocal deer on my visit to my St. Nicholas Church local patch site .... see here.

At 1:35 p.m., I heard the distinctive sound of a "mewing" Common Buzzard. I expected to see just a single bird but there were actually 2 soaring together in the sunshine and then were joined by another. Eventually they all drifted off either in a southerly or an easterly direction. I also had extended views of this species during my last visit to my St. Nicholas Church local patch site .... see here.

In 2020, I recorded Common Buzzard from my flat on 12 occasions during the summer months and in to September. This year, to date, I have already recorded it on 9 dates: 21st and 22nd March 2021, 27th April 2021, 17th May 2021, 2nd July 2021, 9th July 2021, 11th July 2021, 25th August 2021 and again today.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.