Wednesday 6 October 2021

Evening visit to St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas – 6th October 2021

Date: 6th October 2021 

Time: from 6:45 p.m.

Weather: dry, setting sun, dark, light wind,16°C

Today is National Badger Day (see here) and I had my first evening visit to the site for many months in the hope of seeing these wonderful animals again.

My spring and summer evening visits last year when I regularly saw Badgers are now a somewhat distant memory and I have failed to see them emerge from the same location ever since St. Nicholas Church staff and volunteers undertook work to the car park and evidently caused disturbance. So much for a love for the so-called "creation" of their god!

I therefore set off this evening in hope (but not much) rather than expectation (none) and ultimately I was not surprisingly disappointed. I need to find, if possible, where the Badgers are now emerging over what is an extensive area.

My visit was not a complete disappointment.

It started off with a sunrise in the west over London and the very bright star of Arcturus clearly visible even in the still well lit sky.

As I arrived in the eastern section of the cemetery, I immediately saw 2 Red Foxes running through, both of which I think were sub-adults judging by their size and appearance.

Whilst sitting and waiting at a specific location for the appearance of any Badgers, I also heard Red Foxes "geckering" around the church car park and in the western section of the cemetery. From this point, I also saw what I think was a single Pipistrelle species.

After deciding to return home, I found 2 Reeves' Muntjac by scanning with my torch, the first at the edge of the western section of the cemetery and the second at the edge of the central section of the cemetery. 

Until it went completely dark, I heard several Robins both singing and calling.

Here are some photos taken on my mobile phone ....



















Site totals to date (2021 totals in brackets):

Birds = 53  (42)
Mammals = 6  (5)
Butterflies = 21  (14)
Dragonflies and damselflies = 7  (2)
Reptiles = 1  (0)
Amphibians = 0  (0)

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature 


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with herpes simplex virus for 4 years, I was browsing through Facebook when I saw how someone was testifying about Dr Muthuka on facebook , on how Dr muthuka cured her, I also contacted Dr Muthuka and he sent me the herbal medicine I use it for few weeks now I'm totally free from herpes virus, God bless Dr muthuka ,, you can email him on this email muthukaherbalhome@gmail.com or call +2349039175109

    or check on website https://drmuthukaherbalcenter.webs.com
    httpss://www.facebook.com/Muthukaherbalremedy/ okay thank
    you all

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.