Thursday 7 October 2021

Record from my flat - Ring-necked Parakeet

At 9:20 a.m., this morning, I heard the distinctive call (raucous squawking) of a fly-over Ring-necked Parakeet although unfortunately I was unable to spot the bird.

I have previously recorded Ring-necked Parakeet from my flat on 19th October 2020 and in the immediate vicinity of St. Nicholas Church on 25th June 2020.

There are several sites in south and west London where I see this species, most notably Richmond Park and WWT London Wetland Centre but I have rarely seen Ring-necked Parakeet in Essex. 













Photo: Ring-necked Parakeet at WWT London Wetland Centre, Barnes, London














Photo: Ring-necked Parakeet at WWT London Wetland Centre, Barnes, London

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.