Wednesday 10 August 2022

Evening visit to St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas – 10th August 2022

Date: 10th August 2022

Time: from 9 p.m.

Weather: dry, setting sun, dark, light wind, 21°C

This was my first evening visit for some time.

I had 2 separate sightings of an individual Common and/or Soprano Pipistrelle flying around the church.

In addition, I initially heard the loud "geckering" of Red Foxes beyond the church car park and the western section of the cemetery but later I had a brief torchlight view of an individual in the western section of the cemetery and 2 on either side of the eastern section of the cemetery.

Here are some photos taken on my mobile phone ....





Site totals to date (2022 totals in brackets):

Birds = 58  (42)
Mammals = 7  (4)
Butterflies = 22  (17)  
Dragonflies and damselflies = 10  (8)
Reptiles = 1  (0)
Amphibians = 0  (0)

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.