Sunday 27 November 2022

Records from my flat - Common Buzzard and Grey Squirrel

This afternoon I had a “washing up” record from my flat.

At 1.55 p.m., whilst doing this very activity, I saw a Common Buzzard slowly flying past over the houses at the rear of the block of flats where I live.

I have seen Common Buzzard on numerous occasions from my flat (see below) but this was the first time that I have seen one from my rear windows.

The Common Buzzard passed through quite quickly but a Grey Squirrel that was moving across the boundary fence decided that the best plan, having spotted a predator, was to freeze. Although the Common Buzzard had long disappeared, it remained entirely still for at least 5 minutes giving me plenty of time to get my camera and take a record photo through the window.















Photo: Grey Squirrel

I had my first Common Buzzard record from my flat for the year (a single bird) on 7th March 2022.

This has been followed by further sightings on ....

March10th (2 birds), 14th (2 birds), 15th (3 birds), 18th (2 birds), 27th (a single bird)

April3rd (a single bird), 12th (a single bird), 16th (2 birds), 28th (2 birds)

June18th (2 birds), 19th (3 birds), 20th (a single bird)

July4th (a single bird), 9th (a single bird), 13th (2 birds), 22nd (a single bird), 26th (a single bird), 30th (a single bird)

August: 26th (a single bird)

September: 3rd (2 birds), 12th (2 birds), 21st (a single bird), 22nd (a single bird)

October: 8th (a single bird)

Total 2022 records to date …. 26 dates involving 38 birds.

During 2021, I saw Common Buzzard from my flat on 11 dates with those records involving 13 birds.

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.