Wednesday 8 May 2024

Trip away from SS15 – Essex, Sussex, Suffolk, Wales and Somerset – May 2024 (part 7)

On 6th May 2024, I visited the following site

St Govan’s Head, Pembrokeshire

In addition, I visited the "Lost Words" exhibition at Oriel y Parc Gallery and Visitor Centre in St. Davids, Pembrokeshire

After my overnight stay at Travelodge Swansea M4, I drove west in to Pembrokeshire.

Prior to driving in to St. Davids, I visited St Govan’s Head, a cliff-top site in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.

The highlights from my visit included the following (heard only records in italics): Chough (8), Gannet (1), Fulmar (1), Herring Gull (c.20), Lesser Black-backed Gull (1), Wheatear (1 male), Common Whitethroat (1 singing male), Swallow (c.10), Stonechat (1 male and 1 female), Linnet (4), Jackdaw (c.30)

Addition to 2024 UK year list: Gannet

Here are some photos from my visit ....















Photo: Chough
















Photo: Chough















Photo: Herring Gull

Photo: Herring Gull
















Photo: Herring Gull















Photo: Herring Gull

Photo: Herring Gull

Photo: Herring Gull

Photo: Herring Gull

Photo: Herring Gull
















Photo: male Stonechat















Photo: male Wheatear

My drive out to west Wales was primarily to visit the  "Lost Words" exhibition at Oriel y Parc Gallery and Visitor Centre in St. Davids.

The background to the inspiring “Lost Words” project is given in my blog post here. Having heard the music, read the poetry, been to the concert and seen the artwork of Jackie Morris in the books and being created live on stage, I wanted to see some of Jackie’s work exhibited.

It was a wonderful exhibition, the only disappointment being that it only featured some of Jackie’s work. Apparently, the exhibition had changed at least once during its tenure at Oriel y Parc Gallery and Visitor Centre to enable more of her work to be shown. From my point of view, I was particularly keen to see her paintings of Red Foxes which, other than a small version of one of them, unfortunately were not on display.


























































After visiting the "Lost Words" exhibition at Oriel y Parc Gallery and Visitor Centre and then getting some lunch in St. Davids, I had the long 170 miles drive to Travelodge Highbridge Burnham-on-Sea in Somerset for my overnight stay prior to the last day of my trip.

Love nature .... act now

Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.