Tuesday 10 September 2024

Record from my flat - Red Foxes (again)

Regular visits from what I have assumed are 2 or 3 Red Fox cubs to the area around my flat continue.

Last night, compared with several previous nights, I was woken up at the rather later time of 5:30 a.m. by the "geckering" of at least 2 Red Foxes with this vocalisation continuing for several minutes.

Initially, I failed to see them but I then saw a single Red Fox trot past the flats and disappear down the side. A few minutes later, I saw another Red Fox sat on the path outside the houses opposite the flats. It kept looking in the direction of where its presumed sibling had gone. Eventually, it walked to the side of the road and had a long drink from a puddle of water before starting to walk towards the flats. It encountered one of the local cats but both animals completely ignored each other although they must have been very aware of their "neighbour".

Surprisingly, this morning's experience continued at 9:25 a.m., when I again heard the "geckering" and vocalisation of at least 2 Red Foxes in the wooded area beyond the houses opposite. At the same time, I briefly saw a Red Fox slowly walking around the grassy footpath that runs adjacent to the flats and the houses. Therefore, there were at least 3 Red Foxes in the immediate area of my flat.

Love nature .... act now
Restore and rewild our natural world
Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.