Friday 17 June 2022

Evening visit to St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas – 17th June 2022

Date: 17th June 2022

Time: from 9 p.m.

Weather: dry, sunny and then dark, light wind, 25°C

This was my first evening visit for many months and my hope was to see Red Foxes including possibly cubs and Pipistrelles plus an outside chance of Badgers although I have not seen the last species since late 2020.

I was successful with Red Fox with 2 sightings: individual animals in the western section of the cemetery and in the church car park .... plus another crossing the road at the junction of Czarina Rise and Basildon Road. I failed to see any cubs and I have yet to find any this year.

Disappointingly, I saw no Pipistrelles and, unsurprisingly, I saw no Badgers

The other mammal that I did see was a female Reeves' Muntjac in the scrub area to the north of the track from Larkins Tyres.

The most notable bird record was 5 Swifts flying very high over the church.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Red Fox
Reeves' Muntjac

Swift
Song Thrush
Carrion Crow
Magpie
Herring Gull

Site totals to date (2022 totals in brackets):

Birds = 58  (41)
Mammals = 6  (3)
Butterflies = 21  (8)  
Dragonflies and damselflies = 9  (4)
Reptiles = 1  (0)
Amphibians = 0  (0)

Slava Ukraini! …. Glory to Ukraine!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.