Sunday 12 March 2023

Record from my flat - Common Buzzard

After recording my second Common Buzzard of the year from my flat yesterday, I saw yet another bird at 1:45 p.m. this afternoon with an individual flying quickly in a northerly direction with a mobbing Carrion Crow in hot pursuit.

This sighting followed a record of a presumed pair of Common Buzzards seen during my visit to my St. Nicholas Church local patch site this morning.

I have recorded Common Buzzard sightings from my flat since 2021. Sightings are increasing and last year I was almost convinced that there was a resident and possibly nesting pair in the area since I also frequently saw birds over my nearby local patch site around St. Nicholas Church.

This is the summary of my Common Buzzard sightings from my flat for the last 2 years ....

2021: 11 dates with those records involving 13 birds

2022: 26 dates with those records involving 38 birds

This is the summary of my Common Buzzard sightings from my flat for 2023 to date ....

February: 23rd (a single bird)

March: 11th (a single bird), 12th (a single bird)

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.