Friday 3 March 2023

Record from my flat - a planetary conjunction

Not a post about a wildlife record this time but instead a planetary conjunction (almost).

For some weeks, I have been able to see both Jupiter and Venus in the western sky at sunset and for around half an hour thereafter, clear skies permitting.

On 1st March 2023, both planets should have been visible at their closest. 












Unfortunately, I missed the conjunction of Jupiter and Venus due to heavy cloud on the evening of 1st March 2023.

However, tonight, the conjunction was almost visible and I took a photo. This hardly qualifies me for Astronomical Photographer of the Year but it is a record shot of this remarkable event.





























Photo: Venus (top) and Jupiter (bottom)

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.