Wednesday 5 January 2022

Record from my flat - Red Fox (possibly)

At 11:05 p.m., I heard a strange sound coming from the wooded area just beyond where I live.

It definitely wasn't a bird such as a Tawny Owl and neither was it a Reeves' Muntjac.

I can only assume that it was a Red Fox but unfortunately the source did not reveal itself and in fact the sound steadily became more distant.

Red Foxes have a large number of very varied vocalisations, some of which I am familiar with. However, this was a sound that I had not heard before either from my flat or around my St. Nicholas Church local patch site.

Therefore it is going down as a Red Fox record .... possibly .... although not yet my definitive first record of the year.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.