Sunday 2 January 2022

Visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve – 2nd January 2022

Date: 2nd January 2022

Time: from 9 a.m.

Weather: dry, bright, moderate wind, 11°C to 12°C

I can’t believe that my last visit to the site was way back on 22nd September 2021

After my New Years Day visit to Gloucester Park (see here), it was definitely time for a return visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve.

As I left home, I heard a Great Spotted Woodpecker calling in the trees along the grassy track down to the main road. On my return home, I saw a Grey Squirrel and a small group of House Sparrows in the same area.

From the path from Asda to the footbridge over the A127, I saw a Grey Squirrel and 2 Jays and heard a singing Song Thrush.

My visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve was very quiet with only 10 species of birds recorded, significantly less than the 24 species that I recorded at Gloucester Park although this site does have the additional benefit of the lakes which attract water birds.

The only mammal species that I recorded was a single Grey Squirrel in the trees near the Spanish Steps.

The most conspicuous bird species were the small groups of foraging Blue Tits and Great Tits plus a few singing Robins.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Blue Tit
Great Tit
Wren
Robin
Blackbird
Jay
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Woodpigeon
Herring Gull

Grey Squirrel 

Site totals to date (2022 totals in brackets):

Birds = 43  (10)
Mammals = 2  (1)
Butterflies = 18  (0)  
Dragonflies and damselflies = 13  (0)
Reptiles = 1  (0)
Amphibians = 1  (0)

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.