Tuesday 18 January 2022

Trip away from SS15 ....

.... but not a wildlife watching trip and instead a visit to the optometrists and the supermarket!

Nonetheless, it was not without wildlife interest.

As I left home at 9:45 a.m., there were 2 Grey Squirrels on the rear lawn behind the flats.

Returning to Basildon on the bus from Benfleet, I saw an adult Red Fox in front of a house along Clayhill Road at 11:20 a.m., seemingly oblivious to the traffic on the busy road and people walking close by along the footpath.

As I walked back up the grassy strip to my flat at 1:30 p.m., there was a male Song Thrush in full song at the top of one of the trees. Given the recent experience around my nearby St. Nicholas Church local patch site (see here and here), this species is clearly doing well with several males evidently establishing territories for the spring breeding season.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.