Monday 9 January 2023

Trip away from SS15 – Wat Tyler Country Park, Pitsea, Essex - 9th January 2023

After early January visits to each of my 3 local patch sites on 1st January 2023, 2nd January 2023 and 5th January 2023, I had a short trip over to Wat Tyler Country Park in Pitsea this morning.

This was my first visit to this site since well before the Covid-19 pandemic and my main targets were the small flock of White-fronted Geese that had been reported for several days on Vange Wick and both Spotted Redshank and Greenshank which had been reported on Timberman’s Creek.

Unfortunately, I did not see any of these species but nonetheless I was able to add a further 11 bird species to my 2023 UK year list.

The highlights during my visit from the marina overlooking Timberman’s Creek and Vange Wick were as follows: Marsh Harrier (1 female), Common Buzzard (1), Avocet (4), Curlew (3), Black-tailed Godwit (c.50), Lapwing (c.100), Common Redshank (c.10), Wigeon (c.35), Teal (c.20), Shelduck (8), Little Grebe (1), Canada Goose (c.200), Greylag Goose (c.200)

In addition from the first hide overlooking the main lagoon, I saw the following: Marsh Harrier (1 female over the reedbed), Mallard (c.20) and Coot (2).

Finally, I saw a singing male Cetti’s Warbler displaying to a female in the hedge area adjacent to the hide.

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.