Saturday 28 March 2020

Visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve - 28th March 2020

Date: 28th March 2020

Time: from 8:00 a.m.

Weather: dry, sunny, light wind, 5°C to 8°C

On the approach path from Asda to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, I heard a singing male Chiffchaff and saw a Green Woodpecker.

At Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, I also heard my first singing male Blackcap for the site plus I saw a singing male Chiffchaff and heard another.

The pond just south of the Eastfield Road entrance held 3 male Mallards and a female Mallard plus a Moorhen, both species being my first records for the site.

In addition, I was able to add a further 4 species to my site list on this visit: Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Dunnock and Herring Gull.

I heard a Green Woodpecker call frequently from the fields to the north of the site.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Long-tailed Tit
Robin
Wren
Dunnock
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Goldfinch
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Jay
Magpie
Woodpigeon
Mallard
Moorhen
Herring Gull

Here are some photos of Noak Bridge Nature Reserve:







Site totals to date:

Birds = 21
Mammals = 0
Butterflies = 0
Dragonflies and damselflies = 0
Reptiles = 0
Amphibians = 0


💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.