Tuesday 31 March 2020

Visit to St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas - 31st March 2020

Date: 31st March 2020

Time: from 8:15 a.m.

Weather: dry, sunny, light wind, 5°C to 8°C

On this visit, I heard, but was unable to see, a singing male Blackcap in the same area as my first for the year on 26th March 2020. I also saw 2 singing male Chiffchaffs and heard another distantly.

In addition, I saw a Green Woodpecker and heard a further individual calling plus I heard a Great Spotted Woodpecker calling.

A female Sparrowhawk flying over the church and graveyard was a further highlight.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Long-tailed Tit
Robin
Wren
Blackbird
Song Thrush
House Sparrow
Sparrowhawk
Green Woodpecker
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Jay
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Woodpigeon

Site totals to date:

Birds = 41
Mammals =4
Butterflies = 15
Dragonflies and damselflies = 3
Reptiles = 1
Amphibians = 0



💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.