Sunday 29 March 2020

Visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve - 29th March 2020

Date: 29th March 2020

Time: from 8:00 a.m.


Weather: dry, sunny, strong wind, 5°C to 8°C


On the approach path from Asda to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, I saw a Jay and a Grey Squirrel. 


At Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, I heard a singing male Blackcap and a singing male Chiffchaff.


The pond just south of the Eastfield Road entrance still held the 3 male Mallards and a female Mallard plus the Moorhen. I also saw a male and a female Mallard on one of the smaller ponds but these quickly flew off.


In addition, I was able to add a further 2 species to my site list on this visit: Starling and 2 fly-over and loudly honking Canada Geese.


Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):


Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Wren
Dunnock
Starling
Green Woodpecker
Magpie
Woodpigeon
Mallard
Moorhen
Canada Goose

Here are some photos from my visit:

Photo: Moorhen

 Photo: male Mallard

 Photo: female Mallard



Photo: male Mallard



Photo: Mallards

 Photo: Woodpigeon

 Photo: Woodpigeon



Photo: Blue Tit

 Photo: Daffodils



Photo: Daffodils

Site totals to date:
Birds = 23
Mammals = 0
Butterflies= 0
Dragonflies and damselflies = 0
Reptiles = 0
Amphibians = 0

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.