Sunday 13 September 2020

Visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve – 13th September 2020

Date: 13th September 2020

Time:
 from 9:00 a.m.

Weather:
 dry, sunny, light wind, 17°C to 19°C


Whilst I had an enjoyable walk around the reserve, it was an exceptionally quiet visit. The abundant and diverse wildlife of spring and early summer is now just a memory.

Nonetheless, the warm and sunny morning did provide me with a sighting of 2 Common Lizards, both in the usual location basking along the southern stretch of the boardwalk at the eastern end of the reserve. 

I saw and heard very few birds during my visit, the highlights being a calling Chiffchaff in the area around Meadow Pond and a calling Green Woodpecker in the wooded area east of Puckles Pond.

Robins, singing and calling, were fairly conspicuous throughout the reserve and there was a mixed small group of Blue Tits, Great Tits and Long-tailed Tits moving through the oak trees at the beginning of the boardwalk at the eastern end of the reserve. There was also a quietly calling Song Thrush sitting on the edge of the bushes around Meadow Pond which provided an excellent extended view unlike the usual fleeting glimpses of this species.

Finally, I saw 2 Grey Squirrels, the first crossing the track just along from the “Spanish Steps” and the second in the wooded area along the perimeter track adjacent to the A127.

I failed to record any butterflies, dragonflies or damselflies.

There are no photos from my visit due to there being no obvious subjects but mainly due to the fact that I forgot to take my camera with me 😀. I also forgot to take my wallet with me for a visit to Asda on the way home so clearly another birthday this week and my advancing years are having an effect on my memory 😀. Fortunately, I did remember how to find my way home 😀.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Long-tailed Tit
Robin
Song Thrush
Green Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Jay
Carrion Crow

Common Lizard

Grey Squirrel

Site totals to date:

Birds = 36
Mammals = 2
Butterflies= 18
Dragonflies and damselflies = 9
Reptiles = 1
Amphibians = 0

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.