Saturday 12 September 2020

Common Buzzard seen from the non-lockdown window (again)

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window.

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.


After seeing a single Common Buzzard from my flat window on 9th July 2020 and 8th August 2020, 2 together on 27th August 2020 and another single as recently as 9th September 2020, I had a further very brief sighting at 12:30 p.m. today of a single Common Buzzard over the wooded area in the direction of St. Nicholas Church before it dropped low out of view.

These was my 7th record of Common Buzzard from my flat window with the last 6 since early July 2020.

In my last blog post on 9th September 2020, I speculated as to whether the Common Buzzards that I am seeing are resident in the local area or whether these are all records of birds just passing through. Given the increasing frequency, I am beginning to think that there is at least one resident in very close proximity to where I live. Having said that, late summer will undoubtedly see wandering juveniles seeking to establish their own territories so maybe they are birds just passing through. I guess that I will never know for sure until or if I find a nest next spring.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.