Wednesday 9 September 2020

Common Buzzard seen from the non-lockdown window (again)

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window.

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.

After seeing a single Common Buzzard from my flat window on 
9th July 2020 and 8th August 2020 and 2 together on 27th August 2020, I had a further sighting at 12:10 p.m. today of a single Common Buzzard soaring for a few minutes over the wooded area in the direction of St. Nicholas Church before it drifted off in a westerly direction.

These was my 6th record of Common Buzzard from my flat window with the last 4 since early July 2020.

In addition, I saw another Common Buzzard during my last visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve on 1st September 2020 , my first record for that site.

Whether Common Buzzards are resident in the local area or whether these are all records of birds just passing through, it is very pleasing to now be seeing such a beautiful bird of prey on a reasonably regular basis.

However, a record from my flat window of a wandering Red Kite or a migrating Osprey would be even more exciting whilst a sighting of the Bearded Vulture relocating back to the Alps or the Pyrenees from its temporary home in Derbyshire would be just amazing. There is probably nil chance of seeing the Bearded Vulture but Red Kites and Ospreys are recorded in Essex so being in the right place at the right time is always a remote possibility.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.