Sunday 28 February 2021

Record from my flat - Sparrowhawk

I returned home from meeting Andy, one of the conservation volunteers, up at St. Nicholas Church at around 10:45 a.m.

As I looked out of my flat window, I saw a bird perched on the roof of one of the houses opposite. I initially thought it was one of the local Collared Doves or a small Woodpigeon but it didn't look "quite right".

I had a quick look through my binoculars to confirm that it was a Sparrowhawk.

I turned to reach for my camera only to see that it had gone when I looked back.

I am still trying to convince myself that a photo through window glass and through early morning mist would not have resulted in a good result .... but it is still potentially one that got away!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.