Sunday 7 February 2021

Spring is coming .... maybe not!

During my last 2 visits to St. Nicholas Church and the surrounding areas on 4th February 2021 and 5th February 2021, I commented on several signs of the approaching spring: warmer temperatures, an increase in bird activity and bird song, a bumblebee sighting, the emergence of Hazel catkins and the emergence of daffodils and other flowers in the cemetery.

Oh, wait a minute.

What's this?












Winter quite evidently isn't over yet!

My next visits to my local patch sites may require the hire of some heavy duty equipment 😀






































Here are some photos from my flat.

The snow is still falling.

The Magpies that started repairing and rebuilding their nest for the spring and summer breeding season (see top left of first photo below) are currently re-considering their plan.






💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.