Tuesday 2 November 2021

Red Foxes near St. Nicholas Church

This morning, I visited my local patch site around St. Nicholas Church .... see here.

I had what was my probably my best encounter with Red Foxes this year. 

On my way home, I took the opportunity to scan the field bordered by trees, hedges and bushes at the northern edge of the site. I have had some success in the past at this location with Red Fox sightings and photography but not for some time.

Within 5 minutes of arriving at my usual watchpoint in the wooded area at the edge of the field, I saw the head of a Red Fox appear on the other side just beyond the large oak tree. This was quickly followed by another in close proximity. Both animals fully emerged and slowly made their way around the edge of the field following the line of hedges and bushes. One of the animals was clearly a dog Red Fox and I believe that from the size and shape the other was a vixen. Both very clearly comfortable in each other’s company so they may have been either a paired adult dog and vixen or 2 sub-adults (this year’s cubs).

Eventually both Red Foxes disappeared in to the hedges and bushes on the far side of the field although within a few minutes they re-emerged slightly further away. What I believe was the dog Red Fox disappeared from view very quickly but the presumed vixen starting walking slowly back across the field towards me before it also disappeared at the point where I had seen it first emerge.

This encounter over 30 minutes or so enabled me to get many photos.


































































💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.