Friday 17 July 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

This was my first early morning visit to the site since 7th July 2020 to watch Red Foxes although I have seen them on late evening visits after this date.

As I approached my usual location along the hedgerow, I noticed that the white golf ball that I had seen on my last evening visit around the entrance/exit that the Red Foxes mainly use had been moved very close to where I sit, wait and watch. Clearly ball games have extended beyond the chewed up tennis ball that I have also seen ðŸ˜€.

Anyone for a round of golf? .... Red Fox rules apply ðŸ˜€.

























Within 15 minutes of sitting down at my usual location, I heard the distinctive "geckering" of Red Fox cubs some distance away in the direction of St. Nicholas Lane. 

Over the next 15 minutes or so, I again heard the same sound on a couple of occasions but louder so I anticipated that I would shortly be seeing at least one Red Fox.

This proved to be the case with one of the cubs trotting up a grassy track towards the usual entrance/exit in the hedgerow. It then spotted me even though I was half-hidden and stopped and stared for a brief moment. However, this was long enough for me to get my single photo of this visit ….


The cub then bolted in to the hedgerow but almost immediately another Red Fox appeared from the same direction, saw me and carried on running in to the hedgerow. I can not be sure but I think this was the vixen since even in the brief moment that I saw it, it did appear larger than the cub.

After a further period of waiting and watching, I again had a very brief view of what I believe was the vixen.

I am planning to visit the area again tonight after sunset, primarily to see the Badgers, but hopefully the Red Foxes will be as evident and as entertaining as on recent evening visits.

💚🦆 ðŸ¦‰ ðŸŒ¼ ðŸŒ³ðŸ’š
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.