Tuesday 21 July 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

I have decided not to watch Red Foxes from the location that I have used for several weeks since sightings there and photography opportunities have been steadily decreasing as the cubs range over a much larger area.

Therefore, this morning, for the first time, I watched from a vantage point that gave me a view down the grassy strip that runs parallel to Church Hill down to St. Nicholas Lane plus additionally a view of the church car park.

My first sighting was as soon as I arrived at the top of Church Hill when I saw a Red Fox run across the road down at the far end by St. Nicholas Lane.

My new watching location proved to be a good decision in that I had several sightings of Red Foxes, including the vixen and cubs in the grassy strip between 6:50 a.m. and 7:25 a.m. This included 2 of the cubs together.

However, whilst I had many more views of the Red Foxes from here, achieving good quality photos was more difficult due to the distance involved, hence the lack of sharpness.

Here are some of the photos that I took, starting with one of 2 cubs and showing that I am still having issues with camera shyness 😀. The photos that follow are also of one of the cubs.






















































After watching the Red Foxes, I walked over to the buddleia bush in the central area of the cemetery to see if there were any butterflies. Whilst I was photographing 2 Red Admirals, I heard the loud barks and screams of 2 Red Foxes fighting over by the western end of the cemetery. 

After that, I walked back towards the church car park and immediately saw the vixen and 2 cubs running around the top end of the grassy strip. When they saw me, they all bolted for cover with the vixen issuing her alarm bark.

Before I left the site, I had a quick look around the entrance/exit in the hedgerow that the Red Foxes use and which is close to my former watching location. It seems like ball games are a regular play time thing, since the chewed up tennis ball has now appeared alongside the golf ball 😀.

























💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.